Friday, July 23, 2010

When does school start?

I am plodding through the summer and we've still got 4 weeks until school starts and not much planned to keep the children entertained.

Every year I say I will pay for summer camp no matter what the cost, and every year here we are sitting around and watching SpongeBob while baking and making weird art projects.

Monsoon season has set it and it's too wet to play outside, not to mention the frequent lightning strikes starting fires left and right. It's a little too dangerous for children to be running around unattended.

I'm flagging on the blog posts. I'm just not feeling the writing right now. The children are sucking all the energy out of me. I miss the gym, I miss the big empty quietness of the house during the day that inspires me to write. I miss long leasurely hours at the book store and the library waiting to pick the kids up from school. I miss folding laundry at lunch time and looking at the mountain out the big picture window in the dining room while listening to whatever music I want a loud as I want.

4 Weeks! 4 Weeks! and hopefully my life will return to normal again.

No comments: