Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Driving Advice for England

Three weeks from right now I will be boarding a plane to Europe!
3 Weeks!!
I know I can I hardly believe it.
We will arrive in London, pick up car and drive to Bath.




Isn't it just the most beautiful little town you've ever seen.

Of course I will not be driving. I will leave that up to my professional driver husband. I am hoping that his years of driving experience and years of watching Top Gear will enable him to conquer driving on the left side of the road. I'm a little anxious about it, but then again I'm anxious about the whole trip. Flights, cars, trains, getting my money's worth, eating, sleeping, walking, it's all making me anxious.

I've still got 3 weeks left to work myself up into a tizzy. I'm going to try and just roll with it. My last European adventure was traumatic and involved many panic attacks and terrors over ever making it back across the ocean. I'm nervous and excited.

In other news I just found out tonight that Rick Steves divorced his wife Anne. The Anne we've all travelled with across Europe, the Anne I've listened to Rick talk about and joke about for years. I was devastated tonight while reading Rick's blog to find out he was getting his initials engraved on a bracelet with his new partner Trish. See here for details and see here for his new girlfriend's blog that is all about her travels with Rick.
Of course I can't even begin to imagine what problems Rick and Anne had that led to divorce, but I'm disappointed. It's always sad when people get divorced. I'm a little late to the news since they were divorced in 2010, but I will still mourn for them today.

No comments: