Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Bank of America Home Loan Modification Process

I'm starting to think that the whole Loan Modification is just another bank racket. I called in again today just to check the status of things. 2 HOURS later I'm severely pissed.

Every single person I talk to tells me something different. I talked to three people this morning in three different departments and all of them were all over the place with reasons and excuses as the why I haven't received "a packet".

It seems almost like complete bullshit. The girl I spoke to last week who told me she was putting me on the "expedited" list....... didn't put me on the list.  Both of the people I talked to today said I was put on the list. One guy had me on hold while he put all kinds of notes in my file. When I called back after gettting disconnected the next person said there were no notes in my file at all.

What the hell is going on at Bank of America? I have been told that B of A is waiting on the Government to make a decision on my adjustment and I have been told by B of  A that the Government has nothing to do with the adjustment. They are just waiting on the investors to make a decision. I even came straight out and asked someone about this because I thought for sure that my files had to cross some government official's desk and was told no, it's all done in house.

Is it just the telephone operators that have no clue? Are they all trained differently? Are they just reading out of a notebook filled with appropriate time stalling phrases to keep home owner's from calling back? I simply cannot figure it out.

To me it just seems like a stalling factor. Here, make payments that you can't afford AT ALL for the next threee months and then we'll string you along for another month or two and then when you get really desperate then we'll expedite it and finally tell you what your new payment is.

Like I said I am not one for government handouts but there are two things that bother me here. I could afford my house when I bought it 4 years ago even though I was screwed on the interest rate. Not because of my horrible 780 credit score, but because I was self employed in the same industry for over 10 years I was considered a credit risk. Instead of getting the standard 5.5% interest that everyone else was getting back in 2006. We got 7.5%. That was bullshit.
The second factor is that we wouldn't be in this mess if the banks hadn't messed up and jacked up the entire lending industry. Because two of our businesses are directly related to construction we got screwed. When the banks stopped lending and people stopped building we got royally screwed. Lucky for us we still own one other business that is not affected by the banking industry. If not for that we would have been out on the street a year ago.

I have long since come to the conclusion that most people who work at banks are clueless. They have no background in banking or business, they are simply cogs in a machine who do what they are told. I guess someone has to have those jobs, but come on, some one needs to step up and take responsibility for all this. If we could just go back to the system where real people who have direct authority can make decisions based not only on numbers and hard facts but also on the personal history of a customer. It's been a long long time since the banking industry worked this way, but it seems like the only way for them to dig themselves out of this mess. 

If only I had a big enough audience and could get enough people pissed about the Loan Modification situation. There are supposedly millions of homeowners trying to get loan mods....... where are they and why aren't they complaining? Are they too embarrassed? I'm not ashamed of my situation. Shit happens. But if more people were more vocal about this process maybe something could be done about it.

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

6 comments:

John Miller said...

My Experiences w/B of A


Called on Nov 27, 2009. Stated we were prequalified and would have paperwork in 45 days.

Feb 3, 2010 10:50 am
Have not received paperwork yet.
Imminent default department
States we were prequalified and will escalate the paperwork.
Stated they would adjusted payment for a 3 month trial period.
Will contact us 48-72 hours (Feb 4-5)


Feb 5, 2010 4:50 PM
Calling BA to check status.
Spoke with Sally.
Escalated to her Manager also.
Should hear something back by Friday 12, 2010.

Called February 8th
Stated I would receive a call withing 5 days.
Escalated to their manager.

Feb 10, 2010 10:50 AM
Received a call at work from B of A. They hung up.
Called back.
Transferred to Home retention department.
Lady stated that the notes from February 5th notes that I refused the program offered.
This is not accurate at all.
Stated I accepted the offer I was pre-qualified for I am still waiting on paperwork.

Escalated to her Manager .
She sees that I called many times and was promised paperwork.
She sees that the paperwork was NEVER sent.
She said she is sorry and she was going to conference me in to a different department.
I was transferred back to Customer Service. I disconnected since this would mean hours of further transfers.

They are doing everything they can to give us the run around.

John

joymle said...

Thank you for that. It's good to know I'm not the only one that is bewildered by B of A's incompetence. When I spoke with someone on Friday I was told that my file was closed and a decision was made. The rep could not tell me what that decision was but assured me that a letter was going to be mailed to me. I'm not holding my breath. I'll be spending 2 hours again tomorrow to call and get an update. Good Luck on your mod. Keep me posted. I love to hear the horror stories of others and I would love to know what kind of deal they offer you. I am hearing that they don't necessarily take you down to 33% of you income like they are supposed to.

Anonymous said...

If it walks like a piggy, talks like a piggy, by golly it’s a PIGGY!

BofA and it’s CEO Brian Moynihan reminds me of that song by John Lennon and George Harrison titled "Piggies" I invite you to listen to this song on youtube and see if it appropriately fits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXdKlpBOvs0&feature=related


Have you seen the little piggies
Crawling in the dirt
And for all the little piggies
Life is getting worse
Always having dirt to play around in.

Have you seen the bigger piggies
In their starched white shirts
You will find the bigger piggies
Stirring up the dirt
Always have clean shirts to play around in.

In their ties with all their backing
They don't care what goes on around
In their eyes there's something lacking
What they need's a damn good whacking.

Everywhere there's lots of piggies
Living piggy lives
You can see them out for dinner
With their piggy wives
Clutching forks and knives to eat their bacon.

Wright vs. Bank of America Lawsuit at: unitedlawgroup.com

When I filed my lawsuit against Bank of America, myself and United Law Group thought of the many others out there in the same situation. It was then that we decided to educate the public on what these piggy banks are doing, as well as unite us all together as one voice. Please help me turn this David vs. Goliath modification process, into a Goliath vs. Goliath.

Please stand with me and United Law Group and send an email to Bank of America that states that we will no longer tolerate their potentially illegal, fraudulent, irregular and abusive business methods.

Divided we might have fell America, but united we must stand!

Please send your email directly to Bank of America and include the following:

1. Your name
2. Your complaint concerning your experience with Bank of America.
3. Please end your email “I support John Wright vs. BofA Lawsuit!”
4. Please send a copy of your email to johns-wright@hotmail.com
5. Please send your email to both BofA link below and the CEO email


BofA Linked Email:
https://www3.bankofamerica.com/contact/?lob=general&contact_returnto=&state=VA

CEO Brian Moynihan:
brian.t.moynihan@bankofamerica.com

john wright said...

WHERE IS OUR LOAN MODIFICATION BANK OF AMERICA!?

If it walks like a piggy, talks like a piggy, by golly it’s a PIGGY!

BofA and it’s CEO Brian Moynihan reminds me of that song by John Lennon and George Harrison titled "Piggies" I invite you to listen to this song on youtube and see if it appropriately fits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTmeHM-Hojg&feature=related

Have you seen the little piggies
Crawling in the dirt
And for all the little piggies
Life is getting worse
Always having dirt to play around in.

Have you seen the bigger piggies
In their starched white shirts
You will find the bigger piggies
Stirring up the dirt
Always have clean shirts to play around in.

In their ties with all their backing
They don't care what goes on around
In their eyes there's something lacking
What they need's a damn good whacking.

Everywhere there's lots of piggies
Living piggy lives
You can see them out for dinner
With their piggy wives
Clutching forks and knives to eat their bacon.

I AM FIGHTING BACK!

Write a letter to the BofA CEO at: http://www.piggybankblog.com/2010/05/22/blank-07/

Divided we might fallen, but UNITED WE MUST STAND!

Johns-Wright@hotmail.com
Piggybankblog.com

home equity loan comparison said...

Thank you for that. This is nice information that everybody must know.

Justin Bill said...

It all went well here in Pittsburgh. Mortgage lenders are friendly and sure of their words. They even assisted us to pre-seminars and further discussions. We ended up not just having loans but some deep details about mortgage rate. Pittsburgh locals are naturally friendly, I mean, It transcends to their working habit. I'm happy. Got good loans and a nice dream house.