Thursday, September 20, 2012

New Jeans

You know that no matter how many pairs of jeans that you try on in a dressing room at the store that there is no real way to see if a pair of jeans fits unless you wear them all day. The same thing goes for a good bra. One 30 second to 2 minute span of time of trying on is not sufficient to get a real gauge of whether those jeans are going to fit your body.
You really have to go hop in and out of your car a few times, pick up a boat load of toys from the floor, sit at a computer for 45 minutes, eat a regular sized meal, or maybe even try them on while PMSing to really know if they fit.
That is why I have maybe 5 pairs in my closet that fit fine at the store and then were never worn again because the inseam is too small, the snap hits me right where my leftover baby pouch is, or the jeans come up just a hair too high past my 'beware the muffin top' zone, but that was not evident that one day in the store when I went shopping at 9am before I ate anything.
I've been buying a lot of Old Navy jeans since I have a hard time justifying anything over $30 if I might not ever wear them again once they get home, but maybe that's the problem... the cheap jeans. But really aren't jeans just jeans?
This weekend (while extremely bloated) I am going to attempt to find a pair of Levi's. Old school Levi's. I might even go over to the men's department and get a pair of 501's. It's been a while since I've worn Levi's, but last time I tried them on I was not impressed by all the womanly "improvements" that were added to their women's jeans. I don't want a tummy panel, a weird waistband, or stretch in just the right places for my thighs. I want regular old jeans like I remember wearing when I was younger. Nothing fancy, but a perfect fit.
Wish me luck.

No comments: