Thursday, May 9, 2013

14 Years


Next week during our fabulous European vacation Carl and I will be celebrating 14 years of marriage. This weekend we will also be celebrating the 13th birthday of our oldest son. He will be turning 13 on the 13th in the year 2103. Pretty darn amazing.

So obviously Carl and I have had kids almost our entire married life. We don't get too much time alone. We don't take weekends away as much as we used too since the economy took a dump. We steal afternoons shopping here and there and a few nights out every once in a while. Next week I will have him all to myself for a full 10 days. I can't think of a better way to spend an anniversary. I can't say it's been hard being married to this man. It all comes pretty easy for us, so I can't say it's been hard to get to 14 years. Its been like the blink of an eye and here we are bigger, better and stronger, with three beautiful children.
I don't know what I'm more excited about... going to Europe or getting to go with my best friend and not having to share him with anyone the whole time. We get to be Emily and Carl instead of Mom and Dad.

Life is good.

No comments: