Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Flagstaff 10 Years Later

So this week marks 10 years of living in Flagstaff.
I often times sit on the toilet and think... I have shit here more than anyplace else in the world.
That's just how I wrap my head around the time that has passed. My toilet seat has seen more of my ass than anywhere else in the world.
Leaving California was easy and hard at the same time. We came to a beautiful place from a place full of opportunities. We left a lifestyle behind to embrace mountain living.
Apparently it suits us just fine because we are still here and still loving it.

This is our 1st Christmas is Flagstaff. I don't think I look much different for 10 years older. Isaak even looks the same.

This is one of my favorite photos of all time. We should go up on the mountain and recreate it this month ten years later. This was our first few weeks here. I still used a film camera and often put in black and white film to try and capture life more dramatically. It worked. This photo to me says a lot about life and fatherhood. Now Isaak wears that Dickies jacket.
 
Thanks Flagstaff. Our kids have had a beautiful childhood thanks in part to you.

No comments: