Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Battle Cry

Sunday night I was having a shitty time. I had the Sundays for sure, but sometimes it's those moments of momentous shitaciousness that inspire greatness.
I went into my head and looked for a coping mechanism that would fit the week and came up with a real winner.
Fake it to make it.
I started Monday with that attitude and it has successfully brought me to this moment where I am faking myself out that I am a serious writer and I have serious fans that read my blog religiously and really wonder what I'm up to when I'm not summarizing my life on this page.
The week took a turn on Tuesday and I started to doubt myself and start to feel shitty again, and then I was like, this is total bull shit.
I know who I am.
I am an architect.
I am a business owner.
I am a librarian.
Children love me.
MY children love me.
I can do anything and there isn't anyone, and I mean anyone, that can make me doubt myself.
Of course I am typing this while "Eye of the Tiger" is playing on my Bose, but regardless of that I really had to give myself a pep talk.
I get down on myself sometimes that I am not living up to my full potential, but then I realize all the things I have accomplished cannot be measured by my small paycheck.
Few people can say that they have a job that they truly love and I should be proud of that and treasure it more than monetary compensation.

So the fake it to make it motto will be my battle cry as I run through the holiday season.
I am totally pretending to be a writer. I am pretending to be the kind of woman who gets on her treadmill every day. I am pretending to be the kind of woman who does not eat handfuls of marshmallows every time she passes the pantry. I'm still having trouble with that last one, because I can't imagine anyone passing up marshmallows.
It's an interesting way to live the week, but so far I like it.

No comments: