Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Katy Perry and Maya Angelou are Tormenting Me

Let's start off my saying that I've been listening to too much Katy Perry.
I bought the album for my 7 year old. She's a big fan, but she is barely interested in the new album.
I however am listening to it quite frequently.
It's in the mix. I keep listening to the "Recently Added" play list and she's in there with Alt J, Black Carl, and a bunch of classical stuff I got from the library. Oh and I stumbled upon some more movie theme songs. Hedwig's Theme is playing right now.
Mix all that together with me reading a book about immortality and right now anything seems possible.
The world is full of possibilities. I am just choosing to ignore most of them. But with all this inspirational music those opportunities are flying around my head in a menacing dance.
Think Beetlejuice mixed with Edward Scissorhands.
Then my FB/highschool friend, who is participating in NANOWRIMO, posted up a link to the most inspirational quotes for writers and I saw this.
It slapped me in the face.
Yes.
I am in agony.
I know this.
I live with this everyday and it drives me crazy. Crazier maybe.

No comments: