Thursday, November 8, 2007

PollStar

Here's a new thing we're trying.....After attending our Millionaire Mind weekend I think I came to the conclusion that the things that I really love are writing and reading books, and going to concerts. The one thing I want to do before I die is to have Chris Isaak perform for my friends and family in my backyard. So on that note it kind of led me to concert promotion and putting together shows for other people who want their favorite band to come and play for them in their home town. That in turn led me to PollStar where I quickly plunked down the $400 membership fees. I've been getting the magazine for the past few weeks and it is so fascinating to see how much bands are making on their tours. PollStar also provides contact info for all of the bands booking agents which blows my mind. It's just a simple phone call to find out if your favorite band is available to come play. Of course it's a little bit more technical than that when it comes to scheduling etc, but the info is a major start. Is this my new career? If would be awesome, and we definitely have some music industry connections, but they are old and who knows if anyone would take us seriously, but it would sure be fun to try. Our first goals are to bring Chris Isaak and BRMC here to Flag to play. What could be more fun than bringing your favorite bands into town to play? Anyway that's something we are working on in the background to all of our other business ventures.

I turned down a good job the other day for a remodel in the country club. I just wasn't feeling it and I have so little time the next few months before Christmas, and the kids have so much time off of school, that it didn't seem like something I should do. Even though we are so cash poor at the moment I couldn't being myself to take that project. Maybe I really am done with being an architect.

No comments: