Thursday, January 29, 2009

Economic Conditions

This is the week that I finalize and package all of the info for my accountant for personal taxes and 2 of our business taxes. So in other words this is the week that I take stock of how things went last year. Over all, not as bad as you might think, but also it shows me where we need to cut back for this year. This will not be the year to spend $5k on business meals, magazine subscriptions, pretty architectural picture books, or piles of post-it notes.
I am also looking to expand 1 business, drastically scale back on a second, close down a third and start a fourth. It will be an interesting year. If things aren't changing then I'm not growing. I'm a serial entrpreneur and this is how things go when times get rough. This is what keeps us afloat....having our hands in a myriad of different businesses. If one is down then the other is up and we still have income.
I'm trying to deal with banks, employees, clients, partners, and business sellers. It's all very frustrating, exciting, daunting, and stressful but I wouldn't have it any other way.

My studio pics are still coming. I took some iphone photos, but they won't upload here unless I go thru the desktop at home. I'll get there, but not today. I'm also very close to getting a yarn wholesale supplier. They just have to approve my applications and recognize me as a real business and then I can place my orders.

Tomorrow I'm going to sneak away and try and see "New in Town". I don't like Renee Zelwegger, but I love Harry Connick.

1 comment:

Gallery Kuma said...

I have been following your interesting blog of experiences few days now. In this economy i admire your tenacity & spirit to fight thru. we are all going thru moments of self doubt, but i guess its the spirit of survival that is supreme. I wish you goodluck & would love to read how things shape up. by the way you are a good writer & i am off to watch the movie "slumdog millionaire" for the second time today.