Monday, August 19, 2013

Road Trip 3013 - The After Photos



We're Back!

It was a VERY long road trip followed by an even longer back-to-school week. It was epic. We saw so many things, people, and bodies of water. I highly recommend it if you have the means. Yes it was tedious at times and we were asked way too many times "How much longer?" and "Where are we?", but it was totally worth it. Our children have seen things they have never seen before and experienced life in variety of American locales.






Chicago was immense and overwhelming for children who have only known LA, San Diego, and Vegas. It was truly metropolitan. I mistakenly called this sculpture "the blob" when it's actually known as "the bean".





We were on a tubing trip with all the peeps on my mother's side of the family and stopped here at Smith Falls in Nebraska.




This is the building, Foellinger Auditorium at the University of Illinois, where I graduated from not just high school but also college. It will always hold a special place in my heart.






Standing on the steps of the Nelson Atkins Art Museum in Kansas City. Luckily we were there the night it was open until 9:00 and there was FREE admission. One of my all time favorite art galleries.

I'll expand on some more details and tidbits as the weeks entering school calm down. I will only be working 3 days a week this year. I am job sharing so that I have more time for writing, cleaning and crunching numbers. I am so excited!

No comments: