Monday, September 9, 2013

Flagstaff Route 66 Car Show 2013

It's Monday, so it's blog post day. It's a new schedule that I'm trying to keep up with and it seems to be working.
This year I am job sharing at the elementray school library. It is the best thing ever. I work every Wednesday and Thursday and every other Friday.

My house is cleaner. I'm cooking more. The business books are cleaner and more organized. The laundry is done and put away. The children are on top of their homework with my help.
But most important I have the time to write and read that I have always wanted.
I have the time to come here and reflect on the weekend and write about cool Northern Arizona events and I have the time to sit at my desk with my beautiful view and be creative and be businesslike in my attempt to write more.

See here for my other blog on reading and writing. I am a librarian after all.

This weekend was the 9th Annual Flagstaff Route 66 Days.
This is the highlight of September here in Flagstaff.


Unfortunately this year Monsoon Season is not over. Usually by the first week of September it has stopped raining every afternoon, but not this year. The car show was rained out. We luckily made it in Saturday morning before the thunderheads descended on Flagstaff. There seeemed to be less cars this year. There are 450 spots available for entry in the car show and it is usually a sell out as far as resgistration goes, but this year the show seemed a little slim. There were less streets closed downtown thanks to the cranky merchants who think that thousands of people walking around downtown is a detriment to their business. Therefore I think there were less cars. Either that or a lot of the guys with really fancy cars knew it was going to rain and kept their cars garaged this weekend.

We still had fun walking around in the early morning heat and sunshine and then took our lunch break at Bigfoot for some BBQ. All around it was a good morning. I just wish it hadn't started pouring at 1:00 and shut down the show.

We drug the children out of the house and away from their video games to see a little bit of life. They seem to enjoy themselves when out in public, but it's hard to tell from their cranky dispositions and dragging feet.



Next week we shall attempt to either hike Red Mountain, or go truck shopping in Phoenix.
I know, my life is so exciting.

No comments: