Friday, February 20, 2009

Funky Friday

The ultra- conservative bank we left our tax returns with 2 weeks ago has now non- officially said no to us asking if they might want to lend us money to expand our shipping business. No application, no business plan, just a no because of the fact that our shipping business has no assets. Do we have to buy a plane to get a loan? Do we need a fleet of trucks? What does it take for a cash business to get a loan? I'm serious about starting a bank that funds businesses like ours. I would think we'd make a mint giving loans to businesses with no assets. Now if only someone would loan us the money to start that business. HA!
Where to next? I'm not sure I want to go through the rejection of trying another bank. I know our business is rock solid the way it is, we just don't fit into any existing business model that the banks are comfortable with. We'll just have to wait until the seller is really ready to sell and carry.

On the architecture front....things are still slow. I actually took and completed a project this week that I am invoicing for a whoping $227! When have I ever done a project for that little? Never. Usually $3000 is my minimum. Yes I am that desperate for cash. It was an easy little fire exit plan that didn't need stamped or anything complicated. But still even I am amazed that I did it. It will help pay for getting my compressor installed next week. Every little bit helps.

And officially next Friday is Amelia's last day at day care. I just don't have the $500 for March's tuition. I might regret it later if the rugs start selling like hot cakes. I won't be able to get her back into her new preschool until Sept when school starts again. The boys will be home all summer anyway, so she might as well be at home too. She's much easier to take care of and keep entertained then they are anyway. Daycare's across the country must be feeling the Great Recession. There have to be tons of mother's just like me who are out of work and can't justify the hefty monthly payments while they look for new work. Amelia is just going to be my little apprentice. She will learn the business from the ground up literally.

No comments: