Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Weekend Recap




The entire weekend kicked ass. Our seats were decent and the road trip was perfect. There is nothing like spending 2 -8 hour drives with the one you love, especially when you don't usually get to spend that much time with each other usually or are spending that time herding children.

NIN was awesome as usual. THey played completely different songs from the Lights tour last fall. They definitely kicked Jane's Addiction's asses. I'd never seen Jane's before and probably would not have enjoyed it at all except for Dave Navarro. He is a sight to behold and he was on the JumboTron the whole time. I was transfixed and he took his shirt off in the second song. That guy is a rock star.

Whenever we go to shows I get that exhiliration from being in a place where music is being made, but it also makes me feel old and I miss the days when I got to be back stage and have laminates with my name on them. I've hit that point where I feel old. Yeah the guys on stage are all 10-20 years older then me, but it makes me feel old to no longer be a part of the rock-n-roll scene. It seems like that part of my life is gone for good and it makes me sad.

I wish I could follow the tour around the rest of the US and see all the shows. It was that awesome.

No comments: