Monday, May 4, 2009

The Ultimate Edge

I love self-help books. They take up probably 1/5 of my library book shelves. I love all the law of attraction books, motivational books,financial help books, etc. I will read anything that will promise to make my life better.

As a self-employed person and somewhat artist I need all the motivation I can get to move me forward and towards a goal because no one else is going to motivate me, but me. The books give me the occasional kick in the pants to get started, or get finished on one of my projects.

Since I am officially stuck in a rut and getting too comfortable in my stay-at-hmoe mom lifestyle I have decided to kick things up a notch to get my ass in gear. I am behind in finishing my leftover architect duties, behind on getting my website and rug designs put together into a website and sellable product, and behind on everything in general that I want to do with my life.

So I am pulling out the big guns......that's right......Tony Robbins the Ultimate Edge. I know you've seen the infomercial. I've read most of Tony's books, and they're pretty good. They were what I read when I first started reading self-help stuff. I've never been into the audio and video stuff, so this will be a first for me. I've heard you don't get the full experience of his ideas unless you see or hear him, so this should be exciting.

I'll just pop it in when i'm on my treadmill and see what happens.

There are several goals with which I have been procrastinating and could use Tony's help.

1. My rug business. I need to sell some rugs and make some $$$$$$.

2. I want to publish something someday and in order to do that I need to write something. Please motivate me Tony.

3. I want to brush up on my French and learn Italian and Spanish. I just bought the Muzzy DVD sets for the kids and now I need to get my butt in gear to learn the stuff too.

4. Adobe Creative Suite. I bought this a year ago and so far have only mastered Illustrator. I want to finish learning Dreamweaver, take Illustrator to the Pro level and also be an expert at Indesign and Photoshop.

Wow that's it. That doesn't seem like too much. I can do it with Tony's help. I'll keep you posted on how hard he motivates me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I'm curious...how did you like the "Ultimate Edge" program?

joymle said...

The very next post after this one chronologically answers this question. Read the comments on the San Diego NIN show.