Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Production Designer

Okay, so this is like my 5th career idea. I always seem to find something more interesting than what I am doing...which right now is absolutely nothing.

Production Designer for movies? How cool does that sound. I'm still investigating, but so far it seems like a good idea for me. I've already got all of the design background and training, I'm excellent with a budget, and I am the queen of lists. So far the only negative about the career is the hours. It's not really a job for someone with kids who needs to be home everynight for dinner, but that is always negotiable. I'm looking into it pretty seriously. I just need to find someone who is already a "PD" so that I can learn the ins and outs of the movie/TV business, oh and I need to move back to LA.

So that makes my dream career list pretty long: architect, writer, rug designer, and movie production designer. It is possible to do all of them at the same time?

No comments: