Thursday, June 18, 2009

Summertime

Okay so I know I am seriously slacking on the blog posts lately, but it is summertime and the children are running me ragged. That and we went to LegoLand and Disneyland last week.

Legoland rocked. It was a little rainy in the am, but it cleared up. It was Star Wars weekend. So there were storm troopers and Jedi's roaming the park. The lines were short, and the food is pretty good there, so overall it was a good day although very surreal with all the Star Wars characters.

Disneyland was horrible. When we were leaving the park we noticed on the billboards outside that they were warning people that the park was full and they were not letting anyone else into the park. Needless to say we had never been there when it was this full. We could hardly navigate the stroller thru the crowds. The stores and restaurants had lines as long as the rides. Then to make matters worse all the rides broke. The monorail, Thunder Mountain, the Matterhorn and Space Mountain were shut down. We did the best we could.... going on the carousel, people watching, and doing anything else that had a wait of less than 30 minutes, but still I don't think we went on more than 4 or 5 rides. This wasn't even the weekend. This was on a Monday.
I guess it was the beginning of summer and everyone had the same idea, but I wish we had just gone to the beach instead. I don't think we'll go back unless it's a cold day in November or February.

So anyway we're back home and I'm going to try and post more regualrly again. Lord knows I've got enough to write about with stories of the kids driving me insane and the madness that is going on in both our businesses. I'll try and keep up with it all here.

No comments: