Monday, August 17, 2009

Appliance Breakdown

Apparently the lifespan of the average appliance is 5 years since every single appliance in our house has broken this year except for the dishwasher which I expect to go at any minute now.

First it was the oven.

Then it was the dryer.

Now it is the freakin refrigerator. Of all the appliances I can't live without this one reins supreme. I just used the toaster over when the over was out and had to do without cookies and brownies. When the dryer was out I just hung the clothes outside, but the fridge?

I have an extra freezer which is now stuffed to the brim with tater tots and fish sticks, but the fridge side will not all fit into out picnic coolers. My condiments will all have to be replaced (which is probably not a bad idea with or without the fridge broken). My M&M's are warm, and I have 4 jugs of milk and no where to put them. Argggggh!

And then to make matters worse..... I finally got a rug up on the rack and started tufting this weekend, and then today when I went back out to start a whole day of rug tufting the speed control switch broke and would only work at 500 mph. This was the 2nd time I had used the gun since I bought it back in January. Thankfully I called the manufacturer and they are going to send me a new speed switch free of charge, but if it has to come from Germany it will take 3 weeks for the part to get here. Arghggggh!

Just when I thought everything was smooth sailing and the kids were back at school, the gun breaks and now I'm on hold indefinitely. Two steps forward and one step back is an understatement.

I'm going to have to buy some sage to try and drive out the evil gremlin that is affecting all of my appliances. Is there such a thing as an appliance gremlin? If there is he has moved into my house.

No comments: