Monday, August 31, 2009

Ahhh Monday

I don't know where to start......

1. Isaak forgot his math homework this morning and I'm not sure if I should take it in to him or let him learn from his mistake. He is so terrible at remembering to bring home his spelling workbook, his reading assignment books, he's already lost his lunch box after 3 weeks of school, and now this morning he forgets his math home work that was sitting on top of his backpack. He just picked up the backpack and let the homework fall to the floor. He is completely oblivious. I think I should just let him suffer the consequences. How else will he learn to take care of his own stuff. But still there is a part of me that thinks I should take it in to him and is making me feel guilty for not taking it to him.

2. My tufting gun is still broken. I got the part last Friday, but it doesn't fit and the chick at the factory is going to have to check and see what the deal is. This could potentially take another 2 weeks to solve. In the meantime I have a rug sitting on the rack getting overly stretched out and probably being wrecked. I was so gung ho since school started and now I am stuck and at the mercy of the gun manufacturer. It is giving me an eye twitch.

3. Tony Robbins. It seems like my most popular blog posts are the ones in which I talk about Tony Robbins. I keep getting questions about whether I liked his CD's or not and what I've done to make changes to my life since listening to them. The answer is I liked them a little and they have not done much to change my life. Everything that Tony talks about is basic common sense. If you don't have common sense then the CD's are a treasure trove of info. If you are like me and have read a lot of self-help, have a ton of common sense, and are well read in general the tapes will not help too much. They are motivational if you need a little kick in the pants to get going, but they are not life changing.

4. The children are sick and I sent them to school anyway. No one had a fever, but both boys have a hacking phlemy cough that I'm sure will be annoying to their classmates today. Maybe they should have stayed home, but I really wanted this day to myself. I only get Monday's and Wednesday's to myself and there was no way I wanted the two of them to be here arguing, coughing, and begging to play video games all day. Does that make me a horrible parent? Probably. I don't mind if their sick on a Tuesday or Thursday or Friday, but Monday's and Wednesday's are sacred days.

Now I feel better already. Sometimes it's just got to get out of my head. My eye is still twitching, but maybe some Tylenol will help with that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

An insightfull post. Will definitely help.


Thanks,
Karim - Creating Power