Monday, November 30, 2009

Holiday Update

I know I'm slacking off. The kids have been home too much lately and it is so distracting. It's like they want to be entertained constantly. It's strange that a playroom full of toys, every movie and vidoe game known to man, 250 DirecTV channels, and even a neighborhood full of kids their own age is not enough for them. I have to constantly feed them, look at what it is that they are coloring, building, watching, referee continuous battles over red crayons, lego guys, and tv channels. I can close the door to my office, but as soon as I do someone comes in and wants to sit on my lap or wants another snack. So I give up and just sit with them and stay in the middle of it all and get nothing done.

I tried the NaNoWri Mo, but failed. I got up to 23,000 words out of 50,000, but I fell off track when the kids and I got sick mid-month. I had previously thought that I was going to spend the month of November just and only focusing on my rugs, but trying to split it between that and writing for 2 hours a day didn't work. So for the next three weeks I am all rugs all the time and will come out the week before Christmas with a brochure of some sorts that I can take down to Phoenix or mail to architects and interior designers in January. I have to do it. My goal is simply to make people aware of what I am doing. I'm going to start tufting rug #2 this week, and like I said work on some promotional materials to get the word out.

I hate that kind of stuff, but I have to start somewhere and let people know that I am a rug maker and an awesome designer.

No comments: