Monday, November 2, 2009

Vegas Christmas

So I'm racking my brain today trying to find a solution to all of our woes.

We have had a broken truck for the past 3 almost 4 weeks. It went in for an oil change and has had nothing but problems since then racking up bills of $4000 and it's still not fixed. Let's even mention the rental trucks at $300/week plus the fact that my dear husband in his overly stressed out state backed the rental truck into a loading dock and dented the shit out of it. ($$$$$). Where is theis money coming from? I'm trying to pull it out of my ass, but that doesn't seem to be working.

This is about as bad as it can get. Christmas will be for the children only this year. Attention all relatives. You will not be getting any presents this year. Suck it up. You don't really need a Snuggy from me anyway. We have even bribed the children in advance. We are going to give them less presents this year in exchange for a weekend in Vegas Christmas weekend.  WHAT you say......Christmas in Vegas??????? Damn right. I've already got my eye on $80 rooms at the Embassy Suites. 3 blocks from the strip, huge 2 bedroom rooms with a Vegas strip hotel style pool. That is way cheaper than loading up on a thousand dollars in toys. The kids love Vegas. It's a short 4 hour drive. The strip will be deserted on Christmas weekend. If we eat at the cheap buffets. We should be able to do the weekend for under $400.

I must say we are having a tough time right now. I'd like to think that if it wasn't for all the truck repairs we would be okay and maybe that is true, but I'm not seeing a light at the end of this tunnel anymore. Maybe business will pick up for Christmas and we'll be okay, but only time will tell. I keep trying to tell myself.......Where there is an ebb there will eventually be a flow......That is my mantra recently. I'm just wondering how long the ebb will last. This one seems to have started last year. Anytime now I'm ready for a flow.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just came across your blog through some random searching and Googling. I am a prospective Owner-Builder of a residential structure. I've put together some very basic floor plans for my home. The only thing unique about these plans would be the mono slope (shed, lean-to) roof design I intend. To the point, I was hoping for some advice. Maybe even to persuade somebody to take a look at my plans and provide some ideas/input. I am an ASE certified mechanic by trade. So based on a recent post, I may be able to offer some quid pro quo help. Please let me know. Thanks

joymle said...

Sure "J" Send me something. I would trade a little cash for a little advice. No problemo. E-mail me at rockstarchitects@prodigy.net.