Thursday, July 11, 2013

Summer time Broke

I work for the school district. This means that I do not get paid in the summer. It's been a month since I've gotten paid and it will be another month before I get paid again. This puts us at a deficit of around $2000 every summer. I should be prepared for this, but I'm not.

Sure we run around and do a lot of cool stuff, but most of that stuff is free or is just the cost of gas.

The European adventure was paid with 4 years worth of savings FYI.

So this week and for the next few weeks we are severly cash poor. Sure there is a lot of money coming in, but it goes out pretty fast too. We have money to pay for everything, but nothing extra.

It drives me crazy.

What is there to do to raise a little extra cash when it is needed? Scrounge the couch cushions for change? Sell some CD's? (Those are audio CDs) Donate plasma? I am at a loss.

I want to continue my confortable lifestyle that I live the other 10 months of the year, but how?

Suggestions please.

No comments: