Monday, October 7, 2013

Healthcare.gov So Far

I am currently live chatting with a help agent at Healthcare.gov.
I am anxious to see what the result is of my query.

Since the site opened last week I have been trying to create a username and password to open an account. I did last week succeed in creating an account for my email, but immediately after opening the account and attempting to log in I was told that my username and password were invalid. I hadn't written them down, but it was only 10 seconds earlier so I asked for my password to be emailed to me. The link didn't work. I asked for my username to be sent to me. No email with a link ever came. I figured I did something wrong. I didn't know what, but something.

So this morning I attempted to create a  new username and password using Carl's email. I wrote them down this time. After confirming my email address I was linked back to the log-in page and guess what... My username and password were invalid. They were not recognized.

So it's them, it's not me. I knew it.

So here is my response from the live chat session.

"At this time the site is experiencing a glitch that is currently being worked on. We do not have a time frame to when the glitch will be fixed, however, it is being worked on at this time. Please check back periodically for progress."

And my response.

"A glitch? That sounds more like a catastrophic mistake. I've had this issue since the site opened last week. Millions of other web sites have figured out how to make "log in " work. I hope your techs can figure it out."

I was then told that I should call the 1-800 number for further assistance.
Ain't nobody got time for that. At least not today. I'll try tomorrow when I've got a good book in front of me and time to kill.
So it's just the web site that is jacked? They can still quote me premiums on the phone? I'll find out tomorrow. Stay tuned.

No comments: