Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Random Photo Tuesday

 
It's Tuesday. I'm bored so I'm going thru some photos on my computer. There are not many on this particular device, but the ones that there are are pretty good. I am a mother, so therefor I spend most of my time taking pictures of other people. Great ones of me are few and far between. Someday I will look back and wonder where years of my life went. There will be no photographic evidence of me.
That is the nature of being a mother. That is why so many women just take selfies in bathroom mirrors.
 
 
 
 
 
This is one of my all time favorite photos of myself. Unfortunately is has an ugly hotel room as a background. This is from the night Carl and I were supposed to go to his 20th high school reunion. It was a total bust, so we skipped out and met up with an old rock-n-roll buddy of Carl's at Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles.
 

This is a photo of my 2 day old niece Sarah. She is my only niece and is the coolest thing ever. It was an honor and a privilege to see here so soon after she was born. She just turned 3.

This is Sarah and I playing dress up a couple of months later at my house. She was trying to suck the skin off my face and I had to yell at Amelia, then just 4, to run and get my camera and catch the moment on film. I haven't laughed that hard very often.
 

This is the man of my dreams. I love this picture because he so rarely smiles like this. He is very hard to catch smiling in a photo and this one does it  magnificently. We were laughing and drinking and waiting for a show to start at the Orpheum with Carl's cousin Andrew. This is on the deck of the Weatherford Hotel in Flagstaff. It was a good night and gave me this amazing photo of an amazing man. It's good to see him smile.

No comments: