Thursday, September 13, 2007

Frustrated

I am getting sooooo frustrated. It's a creative frustration and a money frustration. I think that's why I've started painting the entire house again. It's a creative outlet and it's cheap. I've selected 4 fabulous colors. We painted the hallway and now we've stalled. I'll bring photos tomorrow. It's a great mustard/peanut butter color and I've ordered an awesome Art Deco mirrored console table to go in the hall too, we've just got to find a new place for all of the CDs.

Anyway to get back to my frustration......I want a line of home furnishings in Target....How do I do that? Can I just contact Liz Lange, Frank Ghery, Isaac Mizrahi and ask them? I guess they were already famous for something to start with and then they were approached by Target, but I want to use Target to launch my career, not supplement it. Maybe I just don't have those fabulous ideas in me or I haven't had to opportunity to manufacture them I don't know, but I'm very frustrated. I want to design, and no one is asking me for anything. I know I know I need to design for myself, but I need to see something concrete to be inspired to create. Can I reinvent a Kleenex box, a pen holder, a pillow, a book? There are so many options and yet the only creative output I seem to have is for my own personal house where I know only I can criticize the design. It's my own thing and I'm not afraid to mess it up. Maybe that's the key...... I can't be afraid to mess up, but when it comes to product design, there is this little thing called money that seems to be getting in my way.

No comments: