Monday, September 24, 2007

Motivation

Okay so over the weekend I read a book called 'Secrets of the Millionaire Mind'. It was really inspiring. I love all the business motivation books. They always seem to give me a needed kick in the pants. I think I need to be constantly reading Tony Robbins or Robert G. Allen in order to accomplish my goals. I get so easily sidetracked. I even typed up the major points of this last book to remind me to stay focused. I'm going to try and read it every morning and see if it keeps me on task. I'm also reading a book called 'The Female Brain'. Wow is that book fascinating. I've learned so much about my brain and my 1 year old baby girl's brain. I think it will really change the way I use my head and interpret my children's thinking. I'm such a sucker for anything I read in a book. My mind is constantly expanding.
The interesting things about the Secrets of the Millionaire Mind book is that I was actually convinced to sign up for the free 3 day intensive seminar. I'm even going to drag along my husband and hopefully it will change the way we view money.
We are pretty well off, but most large purchases have to be made on credit. We pay them off and then use them again. It's not any kind of debilitating debt, but it's debt none the less. We'd of course like to be richer, and we are always looking for ways to move us towards that goal, but sometimes we get a little stalled and caught up in our current business ventures and have a hard time seeing the next opportunity.
The more I read the more I am convinced that everything that happens in my life is a direct result of my wants and needs. We've never done without and there is always enough. It will continue to be so.......enough........until I can change my brain patterns to create excess. That is my new focus and everyone knows I always get what I want, so here's to a life of excess.

No comments: