Thursday, March 19, 2009

Budget Blues

Here's the crappy thing about a budget...... It's the 19th and I'm down to $200 for the rest of the month. True, all the bills are paid and the only thing left until the 31st is gas and groceries, but still that seems a little tight. What if someone loses a shoe, I've still got to order that part for the oven, or I see a book that I absolutely must have? What happens then? Does it come from next month's money? Do I just have to wait until next month? Most family financial books I've read say that you just have to stop spending for the month but that's not really realistic if my grocery money for the month is gone and I need milk.
THis whole budget thing is going to have to be a learning curve because I'm not sure what happens when the money is gone.
I've even gotten so desperate in my grocery shopping that I passed up 2 of our regular items at the store, Pizza Bagels and mini corn dogs, because they weren't on sale and there was no way I was going to pay $7 for corn dogs. Should I have been shopping like this all along? Before I would just buy with wild abandon. If we ate it I would buy it, but now I've become one of those moms that won't pay full price for anything. I never wanted to be that person.

You know it's tough times when I pass up corn dogs for the kids. Ughh. When will the insanity end?

No comments: