Wednesday, March 25, 2009

SAHM

So yesterday I did everything that personifies a stay at home mom. I did laundry, changed sheets, colored with Melia, and baked 4 dozen muffins for a school function this morning. It just really boggles my mind. I am not the SAHM type of person, but I am also not the kind of person who can sit at a desk all day and take orders from other people. I can complain all I want to about how hard it is to stay at home and give up what most people would consider a professional career, but......

I noticed yesterday that I actually think it is good for me. I was looking in the mirror and noticed that my skin looks great, my hair is thicker, and I feel better (I kicked the flu in 2 days). I have time to read all the books that I want to, have time for my treadmill, I know what's going on with all of my kids, and I am almost stress free. Even with the money issues, I still feel like I am in total control of my life which is rare for me.

I think the recession will be the making of me. It has (almost) gotten me out of a career that I knew I wasn't comfortable in, and have not realized that I hated and apparently wasn't good for me.

I am able to spend my days writing and researching and drawings my rug patterns. I can actually get lost in time drawing now, something I was never able to do before.

Now if only I could start making money with the things that I am filling my days with everything would be perfect. I'm getting close.

1 comment:

Gallery Kuma said...

keep up the spirit. would love to see your carpet patterns, sketches etc. & how your concepts are taking shape & ofcourse your final product when it is ready. I agree one feels lot more free when one is not tied to a job & has some freedom to express creativity. I am too in a similar spot & enjoying working on my watercolors.