Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The unthinkable

I went to the library last week. That is how desperate I am for books. I absolutlety hate the library. I'm always disappointed by the multitude of books from pre-1980, grossed out by the people who go there and kind of grossed out by books that smell and have boogers on them.
My book buying habits have been hit the hardest by this Great Recession and I had to get my book fix, so I went to the library and pretended that it was Barnes and Noble. I found a few good things. There is less pressure to find a "good" book since if I don't like it, I don't really have to read it or even put it on my shelf. I went to the money/finance section and scoured around to find a few good books on how to survive the economic hard times and see if I could find a book that really tells the truth about what happens if you just stop paying your credit cards. I'm not there yet, but they will definitely be the first things to go if things get that rough. I know that your credit score tumbles, but what really else can they do with unsecured debt? It's unsecured. I haven't found the answer yet, but I"m gonna keep looking.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are we the same person? Seriously, I could have written this word for word - as my 16 library books sit on my desk -

Gallery Kuma said...

sometimes it is best to watch the inner sensations without being judgemental about them. good or bad this too will pass. This thought has always helped me thru tough times.