Monday, October 19, 2009

Kottonmouth Kings in Flagstaff



Yes, I like the Kottonmouth Kings and here is why........ Back in the day my dear husband's band used to play shows with these guys all the time.

We were fortunate enough to get hooked up by our car repair guy/ Orpheum Security Guard friend who got us into the show for free this past weekend. It was awesome. These guys still put on a pretty good show. I was wearing my contacts, so I couldn't see them too well up on stage, but I had to ask Carl why all the guys still looked much younger than him. I mean these guys should be pushing forty just like Carl, but they didn't look it. We were without a doubt the oldest people there which I also thought was strange. These guys have been putting out albums for like the past 12 years at least and it seemed like everyone at the show was barely 21.
I still dont' know what to classify these guys as. Is it rap? It isn't rap core. There were no guitars. To me it just seems like good old SoCal music. If I had to put a label on it I'd call it SoCal.

It was good to get out for the night. I got "club" dressed up. Pushed up the girls and we headed out had dinner and met another of our weird musical friends at the theater. I had to leave around 10:30 to get back to the sitter but stayed just long enough to hear the one song I actually remember from 12 years ago.....Bump, bump, bump. Oh, it was heavenly and it rocked my little world.

No comments: