Thursday, November 8, 2012

Sorry Rick Steves


I completely forgot about Rick when I made my list of things I can't live without.

I am so sorry Rick.

Every night I fall asleep to Rick and his soothing voice as he travels around Europe.  Since I am such an anxious person I need Rick to calm down at night. The beautiful places he visits and the way he describes the history and the inns-and-outs of European travel just relax me enough to shut off my mind and fall asleep.

I saw him a couple of years ago at the LA Travel and Adventure show. I was too awestruck to go up and say hi. I also didn't want to offend him by telling him that he makes me go to sleep. He just feels like a part of my daily life. I mean technically I fall asleep with him every night.
Next time I won't be so shy. I really want to get a photo of the two of us together since he feels like a part of the family.
Some day I will save up enough to go on one of his travel tours.

If you've never heard of Rick, check out his website Rick Steves Europe and check your local PBS listings.

No comments: