Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Old Navy vs. Anthropologie

Old Navy

Anthropologie

Now let me start out by saying that I love Old Navy. I honestly could not live without it. The kids are almost fully clothed in it. You really can't beat $12 pants and $6 shirts for kids. The clothes last 1 season, but hey that's okay because they grow like weeks. I have even been known to shop the super sales and get stuff for $2-3. You cannot beat that when you are trying to clothe 3 little children.

My big gripe here is that for me Old navy is my arch enemy. I want to shop there. I do shop there. But everytime I am looking for something in particular they seem to only have sizes XXS or XXL. Their clothes are ill fitting on 34DDD boobs and their pants do not take into account my mother of 3 belly. Their dresses end up looking like either potato sacks or maternity dresses on me. Mostly what I buy there are T-shirts, fleece and sweatpants. This has been my uniform this winter. $7 T-shirts, $12 fleeces. and $12 sweatpants. I used to get dressed up. I used to wear more than just a rainbow assortment of the same T-shirt and fleece.

What I haven't decided is, is it because of financial issues (I have no money to spend on anything other than $7 T-shirts) or is it just that I'm in the house every day and I don't need to wear gorgeous dresses like the one above from Anthropologie. Is it a weather issue? I got all dressed up this morning for parent teacher conferences this afternoon only to have to change due to heavy snow flurries that did not work with my fancy Anthropologie swing coat and embroidered silk sweater. I have the fancy clothes, just nothing newer than 2 years. I'm tired of my old clothes, but love them. I want to go into Anthropologie and walk out with $2000 in new stuff like I used to. Those were the days and I miss them dearly. Now it's exciting for me to buy new undies and get that new $7 Old Navy T-shirt. O how times have changed.

Every year when I get the new spring catalog from Anthropologie I think this will be the year that I go back and drop a small fortune on blouses and dresses. Every year I miss out and am depressed for a bit until I realize that every year they will make new clothes and every year there will be a new opportunity to walk out of their big wooden doors with bags and bags of silk, ruffles and embroidery. Just not this spring.




Tomorrow is the BIG day. The 45 business days limit on B of A. I will post an update if there is anything newsworthy.

No comments: