Wednesday, February 24, 2010

More Confusion from Bank of America

Okay so Monday my world was collapsing.

Then Monday night during dinner I got a phone call.

It was from a fabulous guy named Luis from Bank of America. He told me that my file just landed on his desk. He is in the expediting department. He gave me his direct phone number and his direct e-mail address. I just called him now and, believe it or not, he actually answered the phone. There was no waiting, no hold, no automated system.

Anyway Luis told me he would get to my file today and he would give me the definite, final answer on our status with Bank of America.

This is so weird. No one seems to know what is going on at Bof A. It's like the one guy who posted his story and said that he was told by one of the service reps that he had already refused his modification offer when in fact he hadn't. The first level of reps I am convinced are just making shit up and stalling people so that they will continue to make payments. This has got to be fact. I would love it if Bof A would respond to this accusation.
I was so confused on Monday because I had been told that an escrow account had been set up for us and that only happens if they are in fact going to do a loan mod. I even saw on our last mortgage statement that our next property tax payment was going to be part of that escrow account. So for me to be told we were inelligible was bewildering.

I am still waiting. Luis is supposed to call me this afternoon after he's had a chance to investigate my file.

So we are still in limbo.

I even went so far on Monday as to start looking for a nice rental house and called a real estate agent to start the sale/short sale process and now we are right back to the waiting game.

I'll keep you posted. I know I'm on pins and needles.

No comments: