Monday, September 14, 2009

Architecture Blog

So I started a couple of new blogs a few weeks ago. The writing and reading one is going like gang busters. The architecture one is dead where it stands. I was so excited about it too. I love architecture, but aparently I don't have enough to say about it. I tried with good intentions to find something interesting and fun to write about, but I had nothing. A big zilch. I'm taking that as a good sign though. I am not meant to be an architect. I've been writing about it forever, but it keeps coming back around and smacking me in the face. It's just not my thing. I love it like a rock. It will always be a part of me, but I don't care enough about it to have something meaningful to write about it every day. It's kind of dis-heartening, but helps me to know that maybe I'm heading in the right direction. I love old buildings and not too many people are still talking about old buildings. I love history, and again it's not a popular topic in architecture circles. I was going to write the blog to try and find my place in architecture, but what it helped me realize is that in modern architecture there is no place for me. I'm a history and old bricks kind of gal.

So I'm going to post the location of the other new blog that I love writing. http://emilyjweaver.blogspot.com/. I'm reviewing the books that I read and talking about me trying to write.  We'll see what becomes of it, but for now I'm having fun writing it and heaven knows I will never run out of books to review.

No comments: