Friday, September 4, 2009

Missing Chris Isaak

 I've been listening to Chris Isaak non-stop the past few days. I missed him this summer. He goes on tour every summer and I usually see him at least once, but this year I missed him. I looked it up yesterday and he's currently in Australia and will be returning to play one show in October at the Fresno County Fair. Would I even want to see him there?

He'e been sliding lately it seems. He recently did an appearance on the Wendy Willams Show? That seems a little beneath him. And I've notice that his gigs in Vegas are no longer at the MGM or Planet Hollywood. They are at the Golden Nugget or Sam's Town way off the strip.

What's happened? He's still a great showman. He's still got good songs and he can still sing his old ones just like it's 1989. I know he's getting older. I think he's like 53 now, but still I want to see him in all his glory with girls throwing underwear at him while he wears his mirrored suit. It's disappointing to watch one of your favorite stars start to fade.

I'm hoping things will be better next summer and I can see Chris again at a decent venue. He's getting old enough that I need to see him while he's still alive. It's also a dream of mine to have him play a show here in Flagstaff for my 36th birthday. I think it only costs like $100,000 to get him to come play and if he keeps sliding I might be able to get him for less.

See ya soon Chris!

No comments: