Wednesday, September 9, 2009

MWeaver Rugs

My gun is fixed! I am so excited. I am really going to finish this rug. I don't get to spend as much time as I would like out there. My arm gets tired after about an hour and a half. But it's fun and I almost feel like it would be fun to try and sell somthing that I created all by myself. I'm proud of myself that I've come this far. It's taken over a year to get all this stuff together and to get my studio up, all the bits and pieces and equipment and materials. I still need a couple more things......the $1500 rug trimmer that shaves off the top ofthe rug to make the surface even and finished, a bucket of laytex to seal off the back of the rug when I'm done, the canvas rug backing, and I still need to figure out how I want to finish off the edges when I'm done and pull the rug off the rack. It's been a process and I've had to learn as I've gone along.

I made all kinds of plans about how this rug thing was going to work out, but in the end it's still a fly by the seat of my pants kind of thing. Planning only gets you so far, the rest has to be done in the doing. I think there is still a lot of distance ahead before I get to selling 4 or 5 a month, but in the meantime I'm having fun. I feel like I've accomplished something major. Some days it feels like I never get anything done, but then if I step back and look at the big picture I can see that everyday takes me a tiny step closer to where I am supposed to be.

1 comment:

Gallery Kuma said...

cool looking peice. cant wait to see the whole rug.