Thursday, June 24, 2010

Loan Mod and Career Update

So yesterday I finally got a call from our new negotiator.
He claimed he sent me docs back at  the end of April.
I was like WTF.... havent' you been getting my weekly e-mails asking what's going on, what's my new payment and when's it due?
He apologized profusely and said he would call be back once he found out what happened to my docs and could get new copies mailed to me.
He was about to hand up and I was like," Whoa, Whoa, hold on there a minute. While I've got you on the phone I need more info!"
He claimed that our new payment is indeed $1630.00!!!!!!!!!!! and due July 1.
I still don't know the math behind that and I won't until he sends me the freakin docs.
So I guess that's good news and I'm still waiting for a callback.

In other news.......

New possible career track: Library and Information Science.

I've been researching it at the library for the past couple of weeks and then this week I looked up some masters degree programs that can be taken online or with just a week or two of residency. It looks really cool and like something I would like. I would love to work at the public library or at a school library, but even more fun would be to work at an architecture library or for a large architecture firm taking care of all of their drawing and material libraries. That just gets me all a tingle. Of course those fancy architectural librarian jobs would not be located in Flagstaff. We would have to relocate, but in the meantime while the kids are in school I would love to work at NAU.

What's that going to cost?
I could go to my Alma mater, the University of Illinois, for full online degree and it would cost around $36K.
Or I could go to the University of Arizona in Tuscon for around $10K.

Hmmmm that's a tough one. I'll have to keep investigating.

1 comment:

Boomer said...

Did you know that the CIA is looking for a librarian? The only draw-back: relocating to Washinton, DC.
https://www.cia.gov/careers/opportunities/support-professional/librarian.html