Tuesday, June 1, 2010

After the Holiday

We just spent another jam packed weekend in the OC. The beach, Hero's, Irvine Lake Park, a baby shower, the Peterson Auto Museum, and the Grove all in a day and a half. I'm exhausted and still catching up on sleep as are the children.

Today I'm a little frustrated. I know I really only write this blog for myself, but some days it's a little frustrating to see that I have only 3 regular readers, and I usually only have about 5-10 new site hits a week. I know it's better than it was a few years ago, but still sometimes it's a little disheartening. I think I'm interesting and I think more people would think so as well if only I knew how to get them here. I suck at advertising and I'm not much of a people person to just go out and shamelessly self-promote. Most of the time it doesn't bother me, but sometimes I wish I had an audience.

Today is the day I start writing for reals. I'm going for 3000 words everyday except the weekends. If that works out to too much I'll drop it to 2500, but I'm going to shoot for the stars to begin with. If I can keep up with that I should have 120,000 words by the time school starts and then I can try and edit it into something publishable. Today I also start brushing up on my magazine/freelance skills. The goal is to submit something every 3 weeks.

If I'm not going to be an architect I've got to start doing something productive before I start to lose all my abilities to converse with other adults.

2 comments:

Boomer said...

You probably know that you have an 'alter ego' in Colorado: a stay-at-home mom with a husband, 3 kids and a dog and a blog under the name of 'Life at 7000 Feet' with 76
followers. Her biggest problem right now is what material to use to re-do her kitchen floor. Tough life...

joymle said...

Yes I've seen her blog. I even thought of changing the name of mine to 'Life at 8000' since my house is actually up that high vs town which is at 7500', but I left it. We are not the same kind of blogger by a longshot, so I don't think people will get confused. I hope.