Monday, June 7, 2010

Vertigo


No, not that kind of vertigo.

I had a really nasty bout of the real thing yesterday afternoon. My eyeballs were rolling and everything. I made the mistake of trying to lie down to stop it....... don't do it. Things roll even harder when you put your head down, or sideways, or anyway but straight up and down.

I'm hoping that this is just another nasty side effeact of my Citalopram... either that or I have a nasty ear infection or a brain tumor.

It sucked big time. If you've never experienced it, think about how you feel after you get off a violent roller coaster that does a lot of spinning. Usually you're fine after a few minutes, but vertigo goes from anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours. Mine was the few hours variety yesterday complete with rolling eyeballs, nausea, cold sweats and heavy breathing. I haven't been that sick in a long time.

Luckily I passed out upright on the couch for about 45 minutes and woke up perfectly normal.

I was hoping to be able to cancel my med check dr. appointment this week, but after that episode yesterday I'll have to go and report my sick brain.

Damn this is difficult.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Vertigo is the all time most evil thing on the planet. I get extreme bouts of it myself. I have to walk around with my head cocked at a 30 degree angle until it goes away. If I put my head up straight, I instantly puke! Sorry to hear about the vertigo. Sucks....