Monday, October 15, 2012

AZ Snowbowl Scenic Skyride


This is a photo from Saturday October 13th of the Snowbowl Scenic Skyride.
Yes it snowed here last weekend. On October 12th. We had a first snow.
RIDICULOUS. I know.
Carl and I had never been up on our own mountain and decided it was time we got away for a few hours away from the kids and took the ride to the top.
It was awesome. It was quiet. It was peaceful. It was cold.
The colors on the Aspen's were beautiful and at their peak for the season.
We were both a little surprised when we got to the top and had to get off. We are used to this altitude since we live at around 7500, but the top of the ski-lift is at 11,500. The guy in front of us had a little case of altitude sickness and spend his first 15 minutes at the top of the mountain in the single bathroom.
The view was amazing, as you can see in my new banner photo under the blog title. My house is in that little valley at the base of the mountain. I usually have the view up, but it is cool to see the opposite view to below.
Running around up at the top after a 30 minute ride I was giddy. The lack of oxygen, the excitement, the need to pee were all ramping me up. We took so many pictures. The sun was warm, the air was crisp, and the wind was only at around 5mph, so it was perfect conditions for our first visit.
Next time I think we'll bring some hot coco and hats.
Overall it was fun and totally worth the $15 per person.

No comments: