Thursday, October 18, 2012

Sketti

Do you watch Honey Boo Boo?
I wouldn't say I watch it, but I have seen the show. It is funny. The execs at TLC have struck reality gold with this family. It's fun to watch because their lives are so different than mine.
No one could write a show this funny and sad: a 16 year old girl gives birth to a baby with 2 thumbs and the family is immediately able to accept her and make cute jokes. I'm totally on-board.

Until I saw the sketti episode.

It made me sick to my stomach.
I love ketchup, maybe even more that a normal adult should.
I love butter. I mean who doesn't.
I love spaghetti. It's a staple in our house. I lived off it when I was in college.

But to put those three things together into one bowl makes me cringe. Really?
I mean how expensive is a jar of Prego?
Who was the first person who thought: lets just put ketchup on our noodles? and then thought: this needs a little something extra... how about a big-ol-slab-o-butter? And then let's microwave it into a squishy orange mess?
Really? I mean really?

Of course I'll keep watching though. I can't get enough and who knows what other fabulously disgusting recipes Mama June will have for us all next week.

No comments: