Thursday, April 2, 2009

Budget Recap

Okay so the first month that I used a budget I went over by about $300. For a first try I don't think that's too bad. Of course where I went over was in the Dining Out, Household, and Clothing categories, but those amounts were very small last month. They were all about half of what I usually spend in those areas.

This month will not be much better. I am still on restricted budget figures due to.....TAXES. I've had to scrounge about $3500 out of this and last month to pay up to Uncle Sam. Don't get too concerned. We don't pay taxes the whole year except for a little out of my Salary for one of our businesses. Otherwise we just pay in April. It's always a scrounge, but I always find the money.

Overall I like the budget. After we get past tax month I should be able to bump up the category amounts and still save a little here and there for vacations and even stach a little away each month so that next April is not quite so tight come tax time.

Budget Budget Budget! If only I had been listening to all those books I read on personal finance and actually tried it before we would be rollin in the dough.

No comments: