Thursday, April 16, 2009

Mix and Match

So it's the 16th and I'm already out of money for the month except for the gas category. I can drive anywhere. I just can't spend anything once I get there.

All the kids are growing out of the clothes I bought them just a couple of months ago, and the little one who just turned three has the luck to be the only girl with 2 older brothers which means she never gets any hand-me-downs, which means every season she has to have a boatload of new clothes. Fun? Yes. Expensive? Usually.

My favorite places to shop for her include: Target, Khols and Old Navy. All 3 of which usually have displays where anything on the tables are $4-6 each and you can mix and match a wide assortment of shirts, skirts, pants and shorts. They all go together, they are all cheap, somewhat cute, and so affordable. Even if you were color blind you couldn't go wrong picking an outfit from the display.

She always looks amazing and if you throw in a little flair to shake up the outfit a little she looks super cool. I am always amazed at this strange way to assemble an outfit and have often wondered why it can't be the same for women's clothes? I would love to be able to just walk up to a tiered display and pick out 4 shirts, 2 pairs of pants and a couple of skirts and some leggings and be good to go for a season.

I'm not sure if Old Navy and Target are supposed to work like this for the women's department. Their clothes are not cut well and have a poor fit, and the qualiity leaves much to be desired. But what if you could make a clothing line for women that really worked like the kids clothes? I wouldn't shop anywhere else.

No comments: