Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Desperate for Luxury



I love, love, love, Betty Page Clothing . I have a few of their dresses already, but none as fierce as this one. It's the coolest little shop in the Miracle Mile shops at what used to be the Aladdin and is now Planet Hollywood in Vegas.

I stumbled upon their dresses this last weekend at one of my favorite little shops in Jerome AZ, the mining ghost town turned artist and biker community. I had no idea they were available other that in Vegas and online.

This dress is calling my name. It's an extravagant purchase to say the least. I mean how many places can this dress be appropriately worn? Not many and definitely not here in the arctic tundra. It would be pushing it to wear it to the 4th of July parade. It's not too much money....$116, but how many times will I be able to wear it and really I'm going to be 34 in a couple of months. Can I really pull it off for much longer?

If we were still taking bimonthly trips to Vegas, LA, San Diego, and Phoenix maybe I could get away with wearing it more often..... but a budget is a budget and this would be half my clothing allowance for the month. Is it worth it?

Almost.

2 comments:

joymle said...

Oh and don't forget all the special undergarments I would need to make myself look even close to like the model in the dress. That would probably be another $200 in fancy underwear.

Anonymous said...

I was with you until the $200 underwear...hmm. When I saw the dress, I thought it would cost $400 or so. So $116 seems fantastic. I know, still....but I would totally go for it only it would cost me about $750 in underwear to make that work...