Thursday, January 7, 2010

Roof vs. Bank of America

Still we have no check from B of A. I called again today and was told that someone has approved a disbursement, and if it makes it to someone else's desk by this afternoon they might cut a check tomorrow, and then on Monday they might put it in the mail, so by next Friday we might, MIGHT, have a check, so maybe we will be able to start repairs on Monday the 18th.

How in any way shape or form does this protect Bank fo America's investment in my home?

I have been without a roof now for over a month while they dick around with my money. Luckily there have only been 2 snowstorms and freeze thaw cycles on my unprotected roof. I may be a little bit niave on this, but beaurocracy seems a little redundant.

I was watching Office Space the other night and this is how I imagine the vast corridors of Bank of America. They pay a crapload of people way too much money to stamp a form, send the form to Atlanta, where it is again stamped, and then signed by someone else with a large paycheck, all of whom don't give a rat's ass that my house is without a roof. As long as they have a job that does nothing and provides nothing to society.

Why can't you just trust that I am indeed going to put a roof back on my house? Am I going to leave my fancy $680,000 house without a roof? Am I going to runaway to Europe or Costa Rica and live the rest of my life in luxury on my $20,000 insurance money? Come on? Who does that? Really? Is it the people who legitimately lose their roofs in a wind storm/blizzard? I don't think so.

This part of the process is fun, but just wait until we have to call a week in advance for an inspection by a Bank of America inspector and then start the process all over again to get a 2nd check that will probably take just as long.

I am just beside myself in frustration and sick to death of banks.

I have figured out that unless you pay cash for your home and own it outright you don't really own your house at all, the bank does. You're just babysitting their investment, not yours.

When we get out of this mess, both the roof repairs and the Loan Modification, I am going to work my ass off to get out from under every single bank that has a hold on us. Credit cards will never be used again, cars will be paid for in cash, and so will our house in Mexico/France when we retire.

We will move to our very own cash only bank..... that's right our check cashing business. All cash all the time, and the banks can just suck it. I hope they all go under.

No comments: