Monday, May 17, 2010

Bellagio Fountains


Okay, so there wasn't too much debauchery this weekend in Vegas. The above photos show 2 of my favorite places..... the Bellagio Fountains and the atrium at the new Palazzo hotel.

If I could spend the whole evening in a deck chair on the promenade around the Bellagion fountains I would be one happy camper. Unfortunately I would probably gets trampled by the masses of people carrying 2 foot long drinks along Las Vegas Boulevard. If you've never been to Vegas, it's not like it is in Oceans 11, it is never deserted in front of the fountains. You never have enough elbow room and you always seem to end up next to a drunk girl with her tits hanging out, or some stinky old people. Brad Pitt and George Clooney are never there. But even with the throngs of people it is still my favorite place in Vegas. If you're lucky they play a cool song like something from Frank Sinatra or Elvis, but no, not this time for us. It was a crappy show tune. I can't even remember the name of the song, but I was so disappointed. If I wanted show tunes I'd go to New York. This is Vegas. As Carl said, "I wonder if they ever do any Black Sabbath?"

So we're back. I only bought 1 pair of shoes and nothing else. I was impressed. I spend some time at Bauman's rare books, ogled the Versace and Gucci, and Kate Spade windows, and wished for the day that I could drop $750 on a pair of shoes or $4000 on a bag.

Now back to real life. This is my last full day to myself until school starts again next fall. I need to find a way to get the best out of it, so I probably shouldn't be sitting in my office all day.

No comments: