Monday, May 24, 2010

Do I love Bank of America?

Internet is fixed. It must have been one of our four pesky cats that loosed a cable. It only took me an hour to figure it out.

Massive WTF to Bank of America today. I was making my regular Monday phone calls to get my updates for the week from Citi and B of A. I called Jowanna Hill's number first and someone else answered the phone. She said she has Jowanna's old desk and that she couldnt' tell me anything and gave my the regular customer service number to call. After about 20 minutes on hold I was told some very strange information. My new payment isn't going to be $2740/month it's going to be $1630/month. What the hell. That math just doesn't make sense and I'm pretty good at math. I asked the guy to double check a bunch of times but he kept telling me the same thing over and over again. The interest rate is 3%, yada, yada ,yada, all the terms, but I insisted that 3% of my $534,000 loan balance does not work out to $1630 including $294 in taxes and insurance. I have no idea what kind of math they are doing, but I'll wait until I see that paperwork to believe it.

I sent an e-mail to my new negotiator to see if he could clarify in the meantime.

Citi still has their heads up their asses. Every time I call they say that no one has requested that the packet get sent out to me, but now since I called they will send it out now. Ummm, that is what I was told last week. There is some crazy crap going on over there. I thought B of A was bad, but CitiMortgage has absolutely no clue. It all seems to be double talk. I've called every week for the last month and still no one has sent me the mysterious packet that will make my loan modification go through. It almost seems as if they are stalling. I am now officially supposed to get the packet 7-10 business days after may 31st. Yeah like that makes sense.

This is weird too. Every time I call in to the Mortgage Assistance department, while I am still on hold waiting to talk to someone, an agent from the collection department calls me. This has happened for the past three weeks.

Needless to say so far I love Bank of America especially if my new payment is indeed $1630. That is insane.

No comments: