Friday, May 21, 2010

San Francisco Peaks and Calm Mind

I did it. There is a new more season appropriate photo in my header. I will admit though that this is from last summer. There is still a little bit of snow on the tippy top and I didn't want it in my new spring photo. So there you go. Yeah!

I thought I'd write a little bit more about my new clear headed outlook on the world.

If you go back and read through some of my old stuff you will notice that my mind is muddled. I knew it was muddled and it bothered me tremendously. I could not decide what to do with the rest of my life. I have my rugs, my architecture license, my fabulous blogs and that nagging thing in the back of my head that has been telling me to write for the past few years, not to mention the other crazy notions on being a real estate agent, a librarian, or a mail carrier. What to do has been a central problem in my mind for a while. I think it is part of what made me go over the edge a couple of months ago. It was too much for me to decide.

Now that my head is more of a calm lake than a raging river I can see things much clearer. It has become painfully obvious that I need to write and only write as my main vocation. I would not die happily if I did not get out what I want to say. I have stories to tell and ideas to disseminate. If there is one thing I would want to look back on my life and say that I did it would be to publish a book. Books are my life (besides my family). There isn't a day that goes by when I don't pick up at least 5. They are my passion. And let's talk about how excited I am driving back from dropping the kids off at school or coming back from the gym when I sit in my car and dream about what I'm going to come back here and write about. It's my favorite thing to do all day. I've written lists of things that I want to write about here on this blog and on my other writing blog. It's like all the extra stuff has been wiped clear of my head and I can see the things that matter most to me. I'm not focusing on what will make me money or what will be easiest. I am focusing on what will make me the most satisfied mentally, on the thing that will challenge me the most, and what will make me feel like I have done something with my life. It's writing. It's reading and I can't fight it off any longer.

The drugs work!

1 comment:

Boomer said...

I like your last posting - upbeat and forward looking. Great stuff. You live in a beautiful country site - unobstructed views, the mountains and the open skies. I am in a typical 10 year old subdivision looking at vinyl everywhere. I hate vinyl clad houses. One year our family stayed in a 100 year old b&b mansion - I didn't want to come back to vinyl city.
Keep on writing - you are on the right track!